Recently, I’d been having a problem where my main computer’s Home Shared music wasn’t showing all the music in my iTunes Library when I opened it on one of my iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) devices. After some research, this is the solution to fixing that misbehavior.
- On you iOS device open the Music app and make sure you aren’t connected to sharing. If you are, disconnect from sharing and return to the Home screen. Make sure the Music App isn’t running (bring up the multi-tasking bar at the bottom, tap and hold on the Music app and then click on the red X.) You may have to reboot your device
- Open the Settings app (grey, looks like a gear). Scroll down to the Music selection. Sign out of Home Sharing and exit the Settings app.
- Open the Music app again. Make sure sharing isn’t available.
- Back to Home screen and re-open Settings, Music. Re-enable Home Sharing (you’ll probably need to put in your Apple ID and password.)
- Finally, re-open the Music app. Go to More, then Shared. Select your Shared Library and if everything is right with the world, all your Music should be there now.
Was this helpful? Consider a Donation on PayPal: