With Google Calendars, you can have others in your business act as delegates, or a trusted representative, for your calendar.
Here’s the instructions, directly from Google:
To delegate your calendar:
- Sign in to your calendar at http://calendar.google.com/a/your_domain.com.
- Click Calendar settings at the top.
- Click Calendars.
- In the Sharing column for your calendar, click Share this calendar or Shared: Edit settings(whichever appears).
- In the Share with specific people box, type the email address of the person to whom you want to delegate your calendar.
- Click Add person.
- In the drop-down box under Permission Settings, select Make changes AND manage sharing.
- Click Save.
After you’ve delegated your calendar, your delegate can sign in to their calendar and manage your calendar. For example, your delegate can follow these steps to create a new event on your calendar:
- Sign in to Calendar (the delegate’s calendar).
- Verify that the delegated calendar shows up in the My Calendars list.
- In the drop-down list by the delegated calendar, select Create a new event on this calendar.
You can have your Google calendars sync with your iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) and your Mac. Depending on which version of Mac OS you’re running, it can be easy or mor difficult. But typically it just involves setting it up. A couple of alternatives would be to use BusySync, BusyCal or Soho Organizer.